Residential Landlords Insurance

  • High levels of cover available

  • Range of tenant types and property types considered

  • Cover from £90


Only 2 mins to complete the form!

Step 1 of 5

We have over 40 years experience working with:

Apply online to get your Unbeatable Quote with our 10% Discount!

At Property Insurance Centre, our priority is our customers, so whether you want to apply for quotes online or speak to one of our experienced specialist team, we aim to give you the best range of Landlords Insurance Quotes.

As a specialist insurance broker, we strive to give our clients the best service with:

  • Independent broker with approachable staff online or by phone

  • Bespoke Insurance Schemes & Portfolio Policies available

  • Competitive Premiums

  • Cover available for the buildings while the property is being converted, renovated or extended


  • Excellent communication so that you understand what risks you are insured against

Who Needs Residential Landlords Insurance?
If you own any property that you rent out for residential purposes then you need Buy to Let Insurance. Despite the fact that there is no legal obligation to have Landlords Insurance, if you have a mortgage on your property, your lender may require you to have insurance before you take on tenants.
As well as needing insurance to meet your mortgage requirements, insurance is necessary to protect you against any liabilities you have towards your tenants, and also to protect the building itself. Without insurance, if a tenant were to have an accident due to your negligence, for example a fall on badly fitted carpet, they could file a lawsuit against you. The cost of legal fees and compensation alone could completely negate the profit you have made from rental income.
Call us on 0800 085 3761 or contact us here to get a range of Residential Landlord Insurance Quotes.

What Cover does Residential Landlords Insurance Provide?

At Property Insurance Centre we can tailor a policy to suit your needs. We understand that everyone’s insurance requirements are different, so whether you have multiple properties needing one portfolio policy, or one specialised building, we can create the best policy for you. Typically, cover can be arranged to include:

  • Property Owners Liability – To protect you against any claim that your tenants could make against you – usually cover starts at £2,000,000
  • Landlord Contents Cover – To protect any damages that can occur to your contents in your property you rent out (this does not cover the contents belonging to your tenants)
  • Malicious Damage Cover – In the event of intentional damage done to your property by tenants (this cover usually has a limit and an increased excess)
  • Cover for Unoccupied Properties – If your property is empty for 30 days or more, specialist unoccupied property cover is needed
  • Loss of Rent / Alternative Accommodation – Should your property become uninhabitable due to an insured peril such as fire or flooding, this will cover the cost of lost rent or alternative accommodation. This is particularly important if you have fixed overheads like a mortgage

Optional Cover can also be arranged for:

  • Subsidence – The excess on these types of claims start at £1,000
  • Accidental Damage – This cover can be added to your buildings and landlord contents
  • Legal Expenses – should a claim go to court, this will cover the costs of hiring a lawyer or court fees
  • Terrorism – This protects the buildings and landlord contents against a terrorist attack

Call our dedicated new business team on 0800 085 3761 to discuss your Landlords Insurance needs.